NEW TO MARKET! An Art-Deco 1930's apartment. Contact Claude for more details.
Claude Iaconi of Edison Property proudly presents another rare heritage offering – a groovy 1936 2-bedroom, ground floor apartment in a super-convenient lifestyle location.
Nothing can ever replicate the character warmth of a by-gone era but "Mayfair" on Carr Street is an original group of 4 apartments proudly displaying its art deco features in a sought-after inner city locale.
Offering an exciting urban lifestyle, this RARE character charmer will delight you with:
- striking street appeal in an historic inner city suburb,
- jarrah timber floors, high ceilings, art-deco period features
- spacious master bedroom with BIR's- a light-filled, smaller second bedroom
- a spacious lounge room with fireplace and art deco adornments on the ceiling
- a light-filled kitchen/ meals with gas cooking and ample storage
- air-conditioned, low strata levies and house-like ambiance
- just steps to West End Deli, public transport, Beatty Park Leisure Centre, and an easy stroll to the burgeoning Oxford St cafe/restaurant/cinema precinct
- Easy freeway access and within easy reach of Northbridge and the CBD
- Internal area & veranda area: 75sqm
Such a property is often sought but rarely found.
This will not last so put this on your must-see list and contact local property specialist Claude Iaconi on 0412 427 877 to arrange your exclusive viewing.
HISTORY BUFFS READ ON:
In the 1930's, it was reported that 'flat life' was becoming more popular in Perth and suburbs, as evidenced by the construction of several blocks in and around the city. Flat conversion was also seen as a way of dealing with old-fashioned residences at this time, with a number undergoing extensive refurbishment and renovation, which often included a new facade or demolition of older homes to make way for the new flat developments.
Designed by renowned modernist architect W.G Bennett (1896-1977), the Mayfair Flats were erected in 1936 are an excellent example of Mr Bennett's interwar art deco style. Mr Bennett is responsible for some of Perth's best-known art-deco buildings, among them the Regal Theatre in Subiaco, the Raffles Hotel in Subiaco, the Masonic Hall in Nedlands and the Plaza Arcade in the city.
At the time of construction the Mayfair Flats would have been regarded as cutting edge, both because of their design and because they were built in an era when apartment living was only just coming into vogue.
- 2 Bed
- 1 Bath