When selling, getting a good price requires a winning formula. It’s vital that you choose the right agent, run an integrated marketing campaign, check recent and comparable sales and engage the most effective sale strategy for the best possible outcome.
- Choose an agent with a successful track record.
- Attend open-for-inspections and local auctions for a better view of the market.
- Your choice of agent or auctioneer is crucial. Avoid part-time or novices. Let them practice on someone else.
- Go to market showing buyers you are a motivated seller.
- When setting a sale price, communicate a figure you would like and a bottom line price.
- Know the distinct difference between an asking price and a contract price.
- Adopt marketing strategies that have proven successful on similar properties.
- Run advertising in media suitable for your target market to give your property maximum exposure.
- Present your property in the best possible light. Consider access, street appeal, interior presentation, remove clutter, make minor repairs and be flexible about open for inspection times.
- Follow expert advice on modifications or aesthetic improvements needed for a higher sale price. You’ll make more than you’ll spend.
- Develop a buyer profile to identify serious buyers. It will help you better understand buyer behaviour.
- Prepare to make timely decisions. Buyers are often lost through indecision and procrastination.